ACCELERATING THE SDGs IN MIAMI
Integrate Business Sustainability Strategies Into Your Business Model
- 2019: South Florida ranked 58 in sustainable development out 105 US cities
Source: SDSN USA
- Covid-19: Economic catastrophe with long term repercussions 614K jobs lost
Source: FIU Metropolitan Center
- Climate Change: sea-level rise, ocean warming, extreme weather events
Source: CLEO Institute
- Miami needs to build 230,000 affordable housing units by 2030Source: Miami Homes For All
- Miami-Dade County’s 77-megawatt Resources Recovery Facility is a technologically-advanced waste-to-energy plant, recycling the majority of the County waste (more than million tons annually) into biomass fuel.
- U.S. federal policy on climate regulation: U.S. companies are aligning their business strategies with net-zero emissions by 2050 or sooner. Corporate disclosure on climate risk and GHG emissions will become mandatory.
- Paris Agreement On Climate Change: Nearly 200 nations, including the U.S., signed and committed to limit their greenhouse gas emissions in an attempt to keep global warming below 2 degrees Celsius – preferably below 1.5 degrees Celsius – compared to pre-industrial temperatures.
Why Join the SDG Impact Pledge?
Your company will:
- Incorporate a decision framework for SDG selection and alignment
- Receive mentoring from local entities working on SDG-specific projects/businesses
- Utilize tools for SDG data collection and reporting
- Present an SDG progress report
- Join the SDG Roundtable
Designing Solutions to Advance the
Sustainable Development Goals
Presents the SDGs framework at an introductory level for companies committed to DO WELL BY DOING GOOD by focusing on the 3 P’s of Sustainable Development: PEOPLE, PLANET & PROSPERITY
- Integration of Corporate SDG model
- Cohort model for 10 companies
- Community of Practice for shared learning, intentional collaboration & network of like-minded professionals
- SDG Roundtable to drive change and collectively advance the SDGs