SOCIAL IMPACT MOVEMENT
BE A VOLUNTEER
Branding and Social Media Intern
SOCIAL IMPACT MOVEMENT is looking for a rockstar intern to join our Changemaker’s team – someone who can work independently and enjoys researching and developing meaningful social media content and graphics to take our #SDGs initiatives to the next level. If you are confident in your knowledge, have a creative mindset, and are passionate about accelerating the Sustainable Development Goals, join us!
Social Impact Movement is a catalyst for social change using the SDGs to mobilize communities and leaders. We work in Miami and South Florida. Our goal is to expand to other cities across the United States and impact ONE BILLION lives by 2030!!
Content Creation - Social Media Marketing
1. Create material for the Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts for Social Impact Movement (min 1 post per week)
2. Develop graphics for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media posts for initiatives as required
3. Communicate, answer questions and interact with other organizations, professionals, and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
1. Help design presentation and content for the newsletter and website blog
2. Monitor engagement on the Facebook page as well as with innovators and the general public;
3. Work together with other team members to create material and pitch decks for engagement with partner organizations;
4. Foster building a relationship with global media outlets and expand media outreach (where applicable);
5. Help our programs with marketing campaigns and outreach
● Preferably some experience in copywriting and content creation
● Knowledgeable about startup ecosystems, social innovation, and acceleration/incubation
● Knowledgeable about the SDGs
● Knowledgeable on Powerpoint and Canva
● Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team
● Excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking, and listening
● Able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role
● Is Organized, driven, and can work autonomously
● Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
6 Hours per week (minimum)
Duration of Position:
The first term is 12 months in total, with a two months trial period at the beginning. However, subject to review of work performance, this position may be extended on a 12-month basis.
This position reports to the Project Lead/CEO.
This is a voluntary position exempt from monetary compensation. SIM welcomes and encourages people from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply.
Please send a 2-3 paragraph statement to email@example.com telling us:
1) What is your favorite SDG and Why
2) Describe your go-to plan for the first month of running SIM’s social media
3) Your CV/Resume
4) Your social media handles @Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn